Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Running, Sort Of

I don't know what it is about running on the treadmill, that somehow is so different than running outside. For some reason, even after running 3 miles, it doesn't feel like I got a good workout. There is no satisfied feeling, like I get after a run (good or bad). C was so nice to invite us over to workout in her gym since the air quality is too bad to run outside. I have to admit, that I really wasn't excited about it, and I even showed up a bit late (sorry girls). We ran 2 miles on the treadmill, and then hopped on the elliptical for another 2 miles. I am ashamed to admit, that I only did 1 on the elliptical, and then went back to the treadmill. For some reason, I can't get comfortable on the elliptical, and it is a bit embarrassing! I finished my last mile on the treadmill, and couldn't wait to hop off and stretch. I sure hope that the cooler weather is coming, as promised, and that the air will clear up by Thurs. (our next planned run). I know I got some exercise which is good, and I feel bad for being such a complainer, but truly can't wait to get back outside! Thanks again C for having us over.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I don't know how you got 5.5 miles, you guys must really have been going hard on the elliptical. I know I was the slowpoke and lost time trying to get comfortable on it. I should have just stayed on the treadmill. (Ugh!)

marathon mom said...

I ended up doing 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 3 on the eliptical. You're right though, it's not the same workout. I felt like I could have been on the eliptical forever. I actually really liked it and how quiet it was. I may consider getting one in the future since it's so low impact. I guess if the air is still bad by Thursday, our kids won't be running and we can use C's gym again. It was really nice of her to let us use it. I'm also going to look into getting one day passes at one of the local gyms just in case. Are we heading to the beach this Sunday for our long run?

Claire said...

I hate running on the treadmill. HATE IT! I seem to do a worse job (if such a thing is possible) than when I run outside.

I do like the elliptical, but I don't think I work hard enough to actually get a good work out, since it always seems pretty easy.

I hope the air clears up for you ladies!

Patty said...

We just may have to head out to the beach, do you know any 18 mile courses out that way?