Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Weather

I suppose the weather has been a real factor with our last few runs.  Patty and Sea-N-Sun ran yesterday from Heritage and for some reason they decided to run early on one of the hottest days all year.  From what they tell me, it was a real miserable run.  I had a class to attend so I could not make it so I made sure I ran today with my husband.  We pretty much duplicated their run except we left from our house to Copperhill.  Today the heat wasn't so much a factor as the wind was.  It was a lot cooler, but I seemed to have trouble breathing because of the humidity in the air.  I'm glad my husband nixed the idea of doing intervals with the SCRs because my legs were still dead from our 10 mile run over the weekend; however, I didn't get out of intervals altogether.  My husband suggested we do some intervals on the way back so we did several reps of rapid higher intensity strides for approximately 1/2 mile each.  Whenever I run with my husband, I always feel like I'm running slow, but I know I'm not because I also feel like I can't breath.  I'm just glad it's over and I did it and now I can enjoy my American Idol and Patty can enjoy her trip to P.S. with her gal friends.

1 comment:

Patty said...

The weather has been "truly" wacky! I thought I was going to pass out on Monday when I was running with Sea and Sun, it was just so hot. Last night I was in my son's room and I kept hearing this noise outside, and I couldn't figure out what it was. Later when I went to bed, I realized it had been raining the whole time. I am worried about the meet on Thurs, it looks like it will be windy and cold. Run for me this week, don't know how much I will get in.