Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter

Today was the perfect spring day, a day so typical of spring when you don't really know if you will need a long sleeve or a short sleeve shirt on your run.  This morning started out chilly, but warmed up nicely as Patty, Sea-N-Sun and I met at Peet's for our long run.  Sea-N-Sun however didn't know it was going to be our long run (Patty forgot to mention that minor detail to her).  We ended up running 8.25 miles to the water pipes near the Cross Valley Connector and back. We took a fairly easy pace since our unaware friend had not run that far in a long time, but she ended up doing just fine and I think we ended up under 10 min pace.  She did so well in fact that she was talking about doing a half marathon.

We would all like to run the Wine Country Half Marathon in Santa Barbara, but just don't know if we can swing it with mother's day and track meets coming up.  The usual stuff that seems to get in the way.  I think we should just say that the half-marathon will be our mother's day present and just do it.  We feel guilty about spending Mother's Day away from our family if we do this race, but isn't Mother's Day meant for us to spoil ourselves?  We've been looking for something else to get our motivation up and I think this will do it.

I'm glad I was able to meet my friends for a run this morning so I can enjoy a busy Easter weekend with my family.  Happy Easter everyone and enjoy the spring break for those of us who are lucky enough to have it off.

1 comment:

Patty said...

So glad to have a week off, but kind of sad that my baby will be gone for most of it! It seems like we are both going to be visiting colleges again this break, at least my options are limited this year. I felt really good on our run, a little spent, the last 2 miles but glad we were able to get a long run in before the weekend starts. I am feeling like I am coming down with something, hope it is just because I am tired from going, going, going all day, I would be so mad to be sick for spring break. Enjoy the time with your family.