Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prom Night


As you can see from the photos and title, tonight was prom night.  I have to say that our boys do look very handsome.  It's a good thing Patty and I don't have girls because we would never have had time to run this morning.  We originally were going to run at 8 a.m., but realizing that it was prom night, we moved it up to 7 a.m. just in case we needed to "help" our boys with anything before the prom.  C couldn't make it because she was also going to the prom, but as a chaperone. You see, the thing about having boys is that they just put their clothes on and they are ready to go.  My son quite literally came home 15 minutes before he had to leave for pictures, put on his suit and then was ready to go.  That simple.  Whereas if you had girls I'm sure it would have been a big production, starting the day before.  Thankfully for me my help was not really needed so I had enough time to even do some gardening before leaving for pictures.

Amazingly enough I had enough energy to actually garden after running 10 miles with Patty this morning.  We were both feeling really good and kept a brisk pace of probably just under 10 min. miles.  We weren't sure how today was going to go because it had been quite a while since our last long run.  Nothing hurt and the both our legs felt really good.  The weather started out gloomy but cleared up nicely for a beautiful day with cool temperatures.  I was really happy with the way we ran today and was impressed with the fact that we didn't need to stop every few miles, just twice for water.  I feel like I got so much done today.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Tonight was fun watching all the kids in their beautiful clothes. My son HATES getting dressed up so much, and was in such a bad mood before we met with his friends, but the minute he gets around everyone, he changes into the most pleasant person ever. I hope he has a wonderful time. I am overwhelmed with the fact that they graduate in a few short weeks and he will be off to college (farther than I wanted) very soon! I was also very happy with our run today, the early start was a good call. I like the fact that we can go out on a Sat. and put in 10 miles! If I could have just done some gardening, I would have really felt good about myself!