Thursday, September 2, 2010

Still Talking

It's a tough call, trying to decide if it's better to run in the heat or run in the dark when it's a little cooler.  Me, Patty, and Caryn opted for the darkness and started later on our run to try and escape the heat.  We were good and stuck to our goal of running 40 minutes nonstop for the second time in a row.  I honestly don't notice the difference between the 3 mile runs and the 4 milers, other than it is usually getting pretty dark by the time we are finishing.  And of course we still stand around and talk for at least another half hour. You would think that we would be all talked out by the time we are done, but women are just different that way.  Men don't talk at all, before, during, or after and think it's strange that we talk so much.  I'm glad my friends put up with me when I'm having a bad day/week and listen to me rant, rave, and swear. We don't solve all of our problems on our runs, but it feels good to let it all out.

No comments: