Saturday, September 11, 2010

Couldn't Last

A few months ago, Patty and I decided that we would follow our fellow SCRs example and just order coffee after our long runs on the weekends.  We decided this after we noticed that we were the only ones ordering bakery treats along with our coffee while the other more "fit" (skinnier) runners were just enjoying coffee.  We were doing pretty good for awhile.  That is until today.  After our "long" run, we sat around and enjoyed our wonderful coffee, in addition to our blueberry scone, low-fat turkey bacon egg sandwich, and blueberry oat bar.  I knew our resolution to hold out on the treats wouldn't and couldn't last long.  As Patty, Caryn, and I sat around our table, I looked at Patty and asked "How did we end up with all this food again?"  Oh well, I'm much happier with my treats and I think my friends are too.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I am enjoying running so much more since I got the shot in my foot, and I took the orthotics out of my shoes. I am so worried about what will happen when the shot wears off. I also think I feel better since we have backed off of the 10 mile weekend runs, they were taking a toll on my feet. On the flip side, I have to say that the increase in the weekday miles, seems to have been an easy transition. I like the treats, and totally enjoyed mine this morning! It was interesting how we all just ordered without talking about it, I guess we knew what we wanted and didn't want to be talked out of some baked goods. Have to let you know that my hubby brought home cupcakes from a new shop on Bouquet today, and they are "wonderful". Just what I need :(

marathon mom said...

I am happy about the fact that we are increasing our miles overall and that we are running longer during the week; however, I am worried about being ready to run a half marathon again. I checked out the Santa to the Sea Half marathon and saw that it is scheduled for Dec. 12th. The course isn't as exciting as I thought it would be, but it is fairly close and it's flat! The cost is $60 for individuals or $120 for a two man relay (hmmmm?). Anyhow, I sure would like to do a different half for once. I know I won't be ready for the SCV half for sure.