Saturday, May 5, 2012

Squeaking Out 12 Miles

So today was quite an adventure to say the least.  Our run started out with trespassing, climbing over two chain link fences, squeezing through two holes in chain link fences, and running across an old 1895 train bridge just to get in 12 miles.  After all that we almost didn't make it.  We were short less than a half mile and decided to walk up a driveway and back so that we can actually say we did 12 miles. 

Patty brought her iphone so that she can use the Nike + app and also as a GPS, but I thought we should have used it as a camera when we were scaling the fences.  I think it would have been a much better use of the phone capabilities.  I did finally get on the Garmin Connect, but I still cannot figure out how to post the route on this blog.  Patty's brother has to help me figure that out step by step because I spent a good hour trying to get it to post on here and still am not any closer to figuring it out. 

Two things stick out at me on our run today.  One, we are way too old to be climbing fences.  Two, I cannot believe we had only gone 6 miles when we were already coming back from Copperhill.  Oh and one more thing, I cannot believe we completely forgot that we ran up to the baseball fields last week in order to get the extra miles.

By the time we got back, it was hot, Bonnie was dizzy, Patty was nauseous, and every twig on the ground looked like a snake.

5 comments:

Patty said...

My stomach is jut beginning to settle ugh!! Today's run was especially tough, and I think it was a mental thing. When you told us we had only gone 6 miles, and had to do another 6, I just gave up:( everything after that was a struggle! I can't believe we forgot where we ran last week too, age is starting to affect us for sure! The 13.1 races we are signed up for this year, are worrying me this week:( Hopefully next week is a different story!! 4 more days!

marathon mom said...

I normally would have kept it a secret how little we had gone, but I was so shocked because I had forgotten that we did that other loop first last week. I'm hoping the training is worse than the race, just like the marathon.

Patty said...

I made it sound like we are running 13.1 races this year;) my stomach is still upset! The weather will be cooler! Dreading our next run a bit!

SD said...

I emailed Patty the instructions how to embed the run into your posts :)

marathon mom said...

SD, thank you. I think it will add a nice touch to our blog.