Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Girls are Running!!

I am really getting excited about all the running we've been able to get in lately! It seems like we had gotten into a bit of a slump, with work, and home stress, and life in general. It seems like our enthusiasm returned after our recent race in Agoura, and prompted us to sign up for two Half Marathons. We decided to keep up with the long weekend miles, in hopes of completing a 14 miler, right before our Ojai to the Ocean Half on June 3rd! So far so good is all I can say, because we just ran 11 miles yesterday, and it felt pretty good. We finished in 1 hr and 55 min, with a couple of water stops, and despite the warmer weather it was a good day. Next week, we do 12, and plan to break out the water belts, so we don't stop quite as much. Of course, the thing that keeps me going during these long runs is the chance to catch up with the girls, and have a good cup of coffee afterwards!! On a side note, I am so proud of my pup, she RAN 3 miles, with me today at Central Park!! I took her, so we could walk, while the hubby ran, but she started out running, and just never slowed down:) She powered up the hills, which I didn't want to run, but had no choice! She even took a long drink out of the drinking fountain (sorry girls) without touching the metal!! Needless to say, she's asleep now, and I may just join her for a bit!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

You see even the dog in your family is a natural runner! Tell your hubby I hiked Tar Creek with Andy today. We thought about bringing our dog, but the 10 miles round trip probably would have done him in for good. It was hot and I could feel the altitude change, but it was worth watching Andy slip and fall into the water. I think your dog and my husband will be out cold tonight :)

Patty said...

Wow! A 10 mile hike, nice! My legs are pretty sore from all the running. I really didn't intend to run today, but Belle just kept going, so I had to. I did start to worry toward the end of our run, that she might just fall over with a heart attack, but I think she really liked it! I need to take her with me, if it is just me and Jerry, she needs the exercise!!