Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Round and Round We Go

I went to the SCR interval training again tonight despite the high heat and the winds. It's rather funny seeing the map on Garmin after the fact, but during the workout, all I kept thinking was "when is he going to blow that damn whistle?" The workout started out with the same 12x100 warm up, which I missed by spending too much time in the bathroom. The rest of the workout consisted of 20 intervals of 1 minute fast/good and 1 minute recovery with no stops in between. For me that amounted to about 5 miles of back and forth. I was rather happy about this because it meant no one would be waiting for me and I could continue running at my own pace, which was rather slow. As luck would have it, when the whistle was blown to run hard, I would be running into gale force winds and then the winds would be at my back during the recovery. Why couldn't it be the other way around? Patty and Caryn were supposed to run together on the trails and hopefully they had better luck with the wind.

1 comment:

Patty said...

We ran from Heritage, and it was crazy windy in certain areas! At one point, we weren't even moving, and got a face full of dirt:( We did 4 miles at about 10:24 pace, but the first half we had a pretty strong headwind! I guess when you consider the wind at our backs on the return, we really have no excuse!