Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tapering Down

I really thought that tapering down our miles to get race ready would feel easy. It really didn't feel easy at all. My friends said it was because of the pace we kept. I don't know, it still felt awfully slow to me. I thought our overall pace would have been under 10 minutes. At least mile 4 was under 10 min/mi and the last mile we ran under 9 min pace. I guess I keep thinking about our previous race times and think how in the world are we going to get even close to it on our upcoming race. It's really hard to guage what our real pace is because we do stop often and that slows the overall pace down too. Oh well, I'm looking forward to an easy week of running.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I have no doubt that you and our younger friend will be able to keep a good pace going! I am not so sure about the over "50" girls, it has been tough during our training runs to finish, much less run them faster:(