Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not so Happy Run

Perhaps we indulged ourselves a little too much last night at New Moon because on today's run we were all suffering.  It was incredibly hot and humid, which certainly didn't help the situation.  I actually thought we might get to run all the way to Newhall Ranch Road from Albertsons because I am somewhat curious how far that is, but we only managed to get to Decoro and we all willingly  agreed to turn back.  My stomach was feeling terrible either from last night's drinks or from the heat and I was practically sprinting back so I can get home.  Caryn was just plain tired from being on her feet all day in the heat, and Patty always seems to have trouble with her breathing when it's too humid.  Seeing how humid it was this afternoon and all the thunderclouds in the distance, I was actually hoping we might even get rained on tonight, but no such luck. At least we got a very enthusiastic "hi" out of Patty's husband tonight.  I think he only did it because Patty was with us, otherwise he would have just ignored us like he usually does.  At least my foot is feeling better :-)

No comments: