Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Missing My Blog

I know Patty and I agreed to take a break from our blog for a while, but honestly I kind of miss writing on it.  We don't have to write about our every run, but I like being able to record our thoughts and what we did.  I don't care if no one reads it, although I suspect there are silent lurkers out there.  It is more for me so I can look back at what we have accomplished over the years, through all the ups and downs.  Perhaps no one else cares that my friends and I got in a run today or where we ran or what we talked about, but I care enough about it to record it somewhere so we can look back from time to time.

It felt so good to get out and get in an early morning run with my friends.  The fog was still lingering along the river as the sun began to poke through.  I almost felt like I was back in Humboldt, except for the significant lack of Redwood trees.

C, Patty, and I are all feeling like our feet are letting us down and we are slowly all falling apart.  I think we all go through cycles and this is a low point for us now, as far as physically and mentally.  We all have so much on our plates that running seems like a luxury now.  I suppose it is a luxury in the sense that I can still run whereas not everyone can.  I am glad that I am still considered to be in the group called "runners".  It's much better than being in the group of "couch potatoes".  So I may not write as often, but I will continue to check in once in a while and record my small and occasional running accomplishment from time to time.

No comments: