Saturday, August 14, 2010

Forty Fifty Feet

It must have something to do with being in your forties or fifties that bring on the foot problems.  What are the odds that me, C, and Patty would all be suffering from some type of foot ailment at the same time?  It has been discouraging seeing our mileage drop so significantly and having to put any kinds of race plans on hold, but I'm hoping this downward spiral is short lived and we'll all be on the mend soon.

I ran this morning with C and my husband along with the SCR group out of Lowes.  We kept it conservative and ran 6 miles at about a 10 min/mi pace.  It felt a lot faster going out and I have a feeling we ran under 10 min pace, but I didn't want to wear my GPS so I'm only guessing.  My foot felt okay and continued to feel okay after the run, but the real test will be tomorrow morning when I get out of bed.  After our run at Starbucks, a fellow runner introduced herself to me and asked how my running has been going.  She remembered seeing me and my friends running all the time last year while we were training for the marathon.  I hadn't realized we were so recognizable until I ran into the man at mammoth and he said the same thing to me.  I guess we were out quite a bit on those loonnnggggg runs!  C and I were commenting on how far off that seems now and how it feels incomprehensible how we managed to train all those miles.  Thank goodness those miles are behind us now.  I only hope that this little bump in the road will be over soon and we'll all be back to our old selves again and maybe even better!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

Woke up this morning with no heel pain, just a little stiff in the ankels. Not bad after six miles. I felt good enough to go for a swim this morning and even managed to drag the hubby along for a swim too.