Monday, August 23, 2010

An Hour of Happiness

Just to show where our priorities are, instead of running Wednesday night, we (as in me, C, and Patty) have planned to go out for happy hour.  Hopefully the stars and schedules will align so that we can all go and spend some quality time amongst friends and take some weight off our shoulders.  A fellow SCR asked on our Saturday run how my running has been going and I honestly couldn't think of anything else to say other than "it's been sucking!"  I think I kind of took him by surprise, but it really has been sucking.  With all of our foot issues, our running has sucked and there is just no other way to explain it.  My heel doesn't hurt as much as before, but now the arch and ankle of the same foot feels really stiff and sore.  Patty ran on her newly shot up with cortisone foot.  She seemed to do well on it, although she said it feels weird.  We almost got 4 miles in tonight, but we were running out of light so we had to take a shorter way back, or at least that's the excuse we will give.  I'm not even going to mention the pace.  Maybe I should just swim from now on?

1 comment:

Patty said...

It felt really good to be back out there last night, all of us! I think our feet have really rebelled this summer and our running has paid the price. It amazes me when I think of the mileage we were putting in just a year ago, but we can't dwell on the past. I know we will work through the feet issues, and find our stride again. It is going to be an intense year for all of us in regard to work and family, and school for you and our kids. I look forward to our runs, and our nights out to share the load a bit with my friends!