Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Carpe Diem

It has been quite a full day.  As a matter of fact, it has been a full week so far already! My friends and I are really taking advantage of spring break and trying to fit in as much running as possible.  We have been so concerned about getting more runs in that we forgot to fit in some relaxing and fun things to do too, not that running isn't fun.  So after our run this morning, we spent a good half hour trying to figure out a good day to go out to lunch and see a movie together.  This is no small feat considering that in addition to trying to fit more running in, we all scheduled a bunch of overdue appointments for various needs.  After going back and forth on when the best day would be, we finally figured out that today was the only day that would work.  We therefore decided to seize the day and go for it.  We all managed to move some appointments around and meet at Salt Creek in short time.  We had a wonderful lunch together.  Unfortunately, we have been running so much that some of us dozed for a portion of the movie, The Hunger Games.  Of course the intervals this morning didn't help either.  Our intervals consisted of two quarter mile at 85%, jog in between, then two 700m at 75-80%, resting in between and a final quarter mile at 85-90%.  With a full belly and a morning of intervals, it's no wonder all of our eyelids were quite heavy.

3 comments:

patty said...

It was quite a lot packed into one day, but really felt good! I really enjoyed lunch and movie, both were very good!! I am convinced that the intervals are what we need, so I am going to say I am glad we did them. Gotta figure out my 80%, though proud of what we did today:) I finally got home around 5pm and was "starving" I think from our workout this morning! I love Spring Break...wish it was longer:(

marathon mom said...

I couldn't decide if I should sleep or eat. Amazing what intervals can do for you. I just kept thinking about B having to go to work afterwards :(

patty said...

Enjoy the day off!!