Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon Here We Come!

I am so excited to be a part of this race!  On this race, I don't plan on getting a PR.  I don't even plan on trying too hard.  I only plan on having fun and taking in as much of the sights as possible while running.  I think there are some races you run to actually race, but then there are others you run just to be part of something spectacular.  With the Nike Womens Marathon &1/2 Marathon, I want to enjoy all the senses the city of San Francisco has to offer.  This will undoubtedly be the largest race I have ever entered and I can only imagine the vibe at the starting line.  The experience will be made even richer because I will be joined by my running friends as we visualize the Tiffany necklaces waiting for us at the finish line.  It isn't often that we can actually wear our finisher medals around rather than have them hang somewhere collecting dust. 

3 comments:

Patty said...

So excited tht we got picked!!! The first thing I noticed on the FB page was all the complaints from people who didn't get in:( It is going to be a different race for us, because of the size and the terrain. We really must try to enjoy the experience, and of course the necklace!

marathon mom said...

Oh I know I will enjoy that necklace!

Patty said...

Just don't lose it;)