Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Get It

Okay, so one of my running friends has been quite upset at her recent picture from our latest race.  I really couldn't see what the big deal was.  Besides, I thought she looked great, but she has been pretty down about it.  So today I got an email from that same race saying my photos from the event were available for viewing.  Now I get it.  After seeing my photos of me running, I am pretty disgusted with how much heavier I look.  You have this vision of what you think you look like when you are running, but then when you see the reality, it is quite a shock.  How did I gain so much weight?  Well I know the answer to that.  Too much work, too much ice cream, too much stress, and not enough running.  I am thankful that I have the afternoons off for the next 3 weeks to try to shed some of the extra pounds.  Until then, it will be a bunch of grumpy moms running together.

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

Oh and I fixed the photo of us on the right :)