Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holidays are Here!

I cannot believe it is already December.  I really want time to move slowly because I know that once January is here, I will be hitting the books again in full swing and I will have very little time to run with my friends again.  I am really enjoying the little break I am having from school now that I am back to my regular running schedule with my friends.  It always seems like once Thanksgiving has passed, then Christmas is right around the corner.

After our run today at Central Park (our new favorite trail) Patty mentioned doing a cookie exchange party and instead we decided on a happy hour cocktail party.  Yes it's nice to trade many different types of cookies, but that would mean that I would have to actually bake cookies to exchange, which would send me into stress mode and it would also probably mean that I would eat all those different types of cookies to make sure they were all okay.  No, I think a cocktail party is much safer for my waistline.

2 comments:

Patty said...

No one shares my need to try new cookie recipes, it is a bit of a compulsion for me! I didn't mind your objections, but they were a bit strong, as if spending an evening with me and my cookies was offensive :). Oh well Happy Hour it is! It felt really good today to get out and run a bit longer, sit and have coffee, and talk, talk, talk, glad I got up for it!

marathon mom said...

Now I've figured out why you have such a compulsion for baking. It's because you never had one of those Easy Bake ovens as a little girl! I think those of us who had one and tried baking one of those ready mixes has sworn off of baking for the rest of their lives.

It was very nice to go for a longer run and sit over coffee. How I missed those days.....