Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fabulous at 50!

We celebrated Patty's 50th birthday with a surprise get together at Caryn's house.  It was really hard trying to coordinate everything without tipping her off, but I think she really did think we were going out for happy hour at New Moon since she was the only one that got really dressed.  Well if you can look that good at 50 and be surrounded by good friends, then I guess getting older isn't so bad.  It was so nice to gather around the table with a great bunch of ladies and eat, drink, and be merry without finals, projects, or anything to worry about.

The party was a nice way to kick off our week off from work for the Thanksgiving holiday.  The extra days have given me some extra days to run, which I really missed.  I'm looking forward to the annual Turkey Trot where we will once again gather with a bunch of friends to eat, drink, and be merry again, but at least we'll run first this time.

1 comment:

Patty said...

You and Caryn really pulled it off! Between the car story and coercing others to tell outright lies, I fell for it all. I had a great night and the dread I was feeling about turning 50 is long passed. I feel like the years have flown by, but I am so blessed to have a loving family, and wonderful friends to share them with! Thanks again for a fun evening, and start checking that countdown clock :-)