Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Central Bark

Lately, we've been running at Central Park quite often.  We like the new trails and the hilly terrain because it gives us a little more intense cardio workout.  However, every time we run there, someone mentions that they smell poop.  So far none of us have stepped in any, but it sure does smell like it from time to time, especially when running next to the dog park.  I love dogs.  In fact, I have one, but one of my biggest pet peeves (no pun intended) is when people don't pick up after their dogs.  And it isn't just at Central Park.  I see it all over the paseos of Valencia and along the river trails.  Sometimes going for a run is like running through a mine field.  Okay, enough with this topic.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Yesterday's run seemed to take forever, I just haven't gotten used to the 4 mile course! I don't like going all the way up if we have to walk it, I would rather do the smaller hill twice. It is just a thought! The holidays are officially here now that I am having car trouble (not the self-induced kind)! Just another thing to add to the stress of the season. I would also like to know who's bright idea it is to have Kindergartners pick out gifts (junk) to buy their parents, have them bring money, let them shop 15 min before it is time to go home, but run out of most everything they want!! Ugh!

marathon mom said...

I'm in the same boat as far as car trouble. Came home and realized I had a nail in one of my tires. I tried to remove the nail and heard a hissing sound. So I ended up replacing my two rear tires at a cost of almost $300 just two weeks before Christmas. The only reason I'm not really mad about it is because we were planning on replacing them in the next few weeks anyhow. Wouldn't it be nice if we could ride around in a sleigh like Santa does?