Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sleep, Run, Sleep

I have been savoring the luxury of being able to sleep in these past two days.  I tried to get up early on Saturday to go for a run, but my body just couldn't get out of bed.  Besides, the first Saturday without having to go to class should be spent sleeping in. Then I had plans of getting up early and finally getting in a long run, but again I just couldn't get up early enough.  I think my body is starting to decompress from all the stress of my classes and it has just started shutting down.  It's that fight or flight instinct.  I did manage to get out of bed by 9:30 and did go for a run, but not as long as I had hoped because it had gotten too hot already.  I managed a nice leisurely pace with my husband up and around both sides of the river trail from Decoro to Copperhill from our home, but it was really windy on the west side going up towards Copperhill.  Then coming down the trail on the east side the wind was at our back and the sun was up higher, which left no more shade and plenty of heat.  I am glad I finally got a run in, but I am going back to sleep now.

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

I will be doing more sleep than running for the next few days. I need to catch up.