Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jealous

I am jealous because my friend Patty will be running the half-marathon without me this year.  I would love to run it, but I have not been training and don't think I will have the energy with school and everything.  This will be the first time in the last 3-4 years that I have not run the race.  I guess that means it's added pressure for Patty since she will be running it for me and C, if C decides not to run it either. 

This morning Patty and I ran from Peets to just before the Wiley Bridge for about a six mile run, but fell short due to a race that was going on.  We realized as we ran past the cones and the water station that there was a race going on and we were heading straight into the runners.  I think our miles probably ended up being 5.5 miles, but I felt like we ran it at a good pace.  Either that or I was talking too much and that's why I had a hard time breathing.  Good news is that my feet didn't hurt a bit.  I hope Patty does really well next weekend because all of our reputations are at stake (jk).

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am so sad that you both aren't going to run it this year. I honestly waited until the last possible day to sign up, in hopes of sitting this one out. I will run for you, and will be wishing you were running next to me, keeping me going. I am not expecting any great time, just hoping for cool weather, no wind, and minimal pain. I just didn't have a good enough excuse not to run it, you and C have earned a pass!