Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hello Blog!

Our poor blog has been neglected lately.  It's not that we haven't been running, it's just that I've been too busy to run and write about.  I'm in the midst of taking 16 units while working and trying to do all my mom duties, but I am still running-just not as much.  For now I have to take what I can get.  It has been a real luxury to have this week off from work to get ahead on some homework and be able to run in the morning a couple of times.  My friends and I got together to celebrate another birthday and boy was that fun!  It is nice to get together with a bunch of gals you like and just be silly.  It was a nice break from all the studying I have been doing lately.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was pretty silly the other night!! I guess if we have to have birthdays (get old) then the least we can do is enjoy celebrating. Today we ran from Peet's to Copperhill at a 10 min pace. Nothing spectacular to report and it comes out to about 6.3 miles. It was nice to just run and talk, but I am concerned that I have not put in enough long miles lately to make it through the Half Marathon that is coming up. We talked about running the Santa to the Sea Half in Ventura, and that is a real possiblity. It is much easier to commit to a race when you know your friends are going to be out there with you. I love it when my kids run too, but they don't actually run WITH me. Sitting outside in the sun after our run was a real treat after the rain we had a couple days ago, and the coffee was nice too!