Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm back!

I purposely stayed away from posting for a while because I was quite depressed about getting injured and also rather scared that I might not get better in time to train for the Nike Half Marathon in 5 weeks.  My family and friends also noticed that I'm a lot grumpier when I can't run.  I think everyone is happy that I am back to running again.  Pool workouts at 9 PM are not fun, no matter how hot it is outside.

Today was my first day back on a real long run with all the girls and it felt great.  While the earlier start time did a number on our stomachs, it sure saved us from the heat.  I forgot my GPS watch, but I  think I actually run faster without it, because I'm not always checking it, or maybe it's the fact that we all carried water and didn't need as frequent water breaks.  It was a good thing we had two other backups with GPS.  In either case, we were blazing the trails at an average 9.5 min pace for almost 9.5 miles.  In this heat, I would say that was pretty good.

To top off the great run, I was able to celebrate another year of getting older with four amazing ladies, who are willing to brave the elements in search of a Tiffany's necklace.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was a great run Sunday! It is that one great run every so often that keeps us going out there several times a week for less than great ones!! Had fun celebrating Sunday night, hope your birthday is truly SPECIAL!